Taking care of your hair doesn’t have to be costly. Hair care doesn’t necessitate purchasing the most expensive shampoos and conditioners. In fact, if your budget for hair care is minimal, there are simple TLC natural remedies for hair growth, that you can practice in your home!
- Eat a healthy diet: We can’t stress this absolutely vital remedy enough. Because the condition of your hair is a direct reflection of your nutrition, it is important to eat a diet rich in vitamins and minerals necessary to promote hair growth. We recommend eating a diet rich in protein, vitamins A, C, and E, iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, and selenium. Specifically the Vitamin B-complex, including Biotin (Vitamin B7) and Niacin (Vitamin B3), is extremely important for maintaining strong, healthy hair and fast growth.You can also opt to take a multi-vitamin or a hair growth supplement rich in these vitamins and minerals. Remember, hair growth doesn’t happen by getting one vitamin or mineral alone. All of these vitamins and minerals play an important role in hair growth, and some work best when paired together. So it is important to get these vitamins and minerals at the right amounts, and easier to take in one formulation.Whichever you choose, your goal is to avoid any nutritional deficiencies that can have detrimental effects on your hair.
- Stay stress-free: Stress is one of the main factors that contribute to hair loss. Stress increases cortisol levels in your blood, and directly causes your hair to undergo the telogen phase (where hair stops growing) too early. To avoid too much stress, practice meditation, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques, including yoga. Be sure to get a full night’s rest. Resting releases the growth hormone that promotes hair growth.
Scalp massage: What can be better than using natural remedies for hair growth that are also relaxing. It is believed that massaging your scalp helps to increase blood circulation and flow to the hair follicles, which in turn rejuvenates and stimulates them. You will also want to deep condition your hair weekly with a hot oil treatment or deep conditioning mask. Here’s what you can do:
a. Apply the oil or conditioner to your hair, particularly focusing on your scalp
b. Use your fingers to rub the oil or conditioner on your scalp. Massage your scalp in a circular motion for three to five minutes.
c. Then rinse the oil or conditioner out of your hair.
- Use castor oil: One of the oils you can use on your scalp is castor oil. Castor oil is rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids, making it ideal for hair and promoting growth. You will want to first mix the castor oil with an equal amount of coconut oil, olive oil, or almond oil to make the oil less thick. You can also add rosemary, peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender, or thyme oil, to the castor oil and then put it in your hair. Massage your scalp with the solution and leave it in for 30 to 45 minutes, then shampoo your hair.
- Flip your hair: Flipping your hair upside down is also another way to promote blood circulation in the scalp. Just flip your hair by bending your head over for two to four minutes daily.
- Egg Masking: Eggs are an excellent source of protein which strengthens and protects your hair from breaking or shedding. Eggs contain between 3.6 and 6.5 grams of protein per egg, making it a powerful conditioning treatment necessary for hair strengthening and growth. Eggs can be used as a hair mask on a weekly basis, in addition to yogurt, honey or avocados.
Note that there are no shortcuts to improving the condition of your hair and promoting hair growth. Hair growth takes persistence, consistency and patience. So ensure that you are practicing these simple, but vital hair care remedies on a regular basis, and you will see those efforts pay off.